Pages


2/16/09

Mmm-mmm Monday~

For President's day I am sharing a recipe that I got from Hippie dogs blog. (I asked permission to post it on my blog) Anywho, it is called Cherry Squares. Its pretty good....although its not that sweet and very heavy. The men at my hubbies work really liked it. Personally, I thought it was a tad eggy tasting, 6 eggs- go figure. I think this is a recipe that I'm going to tweak :-) I mean its so easy peasy, I think I might try adding applesauce instead of so many eggs and even more vanilla than whats called for...and next time I would put some of the batter in muffin cups as it did rise up an awful lot and took forever to cook. Geeze, sounds like I'm complaining doesn't it! lol... I'm not, I'm just "saying" for saying sake~ Anywho, if I haven't scared you off, here is the recipe!

Cherry Squares
3 cups flour
2 1/4 cups sugar
3 sticks butter
6 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 can cherry pie filling
Mix all the ingredients together except the pie filling. (that goes on top!) Spread the mixture into a large greased rectangle pan. (it will rise, so figure it will double in size) You might want to make two pans. Place blobs of the canned cherries filling here and there on top of the cake mixture. (I would add more of the cherry pie filling than less of this, as this is what gives it a little kick!) You can even make a little indentation with a spoon and add some cherries this way as well. The cake mix does rise up around some of the cherries a little bit. Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into little squares!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl