Pages


4/17/09

Magnet board~

I am not a huge fan of magnets on my fridge. Probably because my house is so cluttered, its nice to have a place of emptiness to rest my eyes? okokok, that and my cats jump up and knock them off of the fridge. Anywho, I had bought a bunch of those adorable plastic letters with magnets on the back for my fridge for my two year old grandson.... (I think my cats enjoy them more than my grandson)...anywho, I took one of those metal calendar dry erase boards....and I spray painted over the calendar part. (I never could get into the habit of writing on that thing) I had previously "shabbied" up the frame on this calendar thinking that would get me to use it.... didn't work lol Anywho, here it is with a few coats of aqua blue paint on it. I baked it out in the sun for two days to really dry the paint. (bringing it in at night) Truely that is the secret to a great paint job. Anywho, I think it is adorable now :-)
My grandson really enjoys playing with it...okokok, just pulling off the magnets and tossing them all over the floor-- whatever~

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love the two colors on it.

    Drop on by the Mermaid Party and enter the giveaway as well!

    Magic and Joy!
    Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful makeover on the board, Cheryl!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea wit the board. Turned out great and I think you did an amazing job on the knit vintage coat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl