Pages


9/21/10

Halloween fun~

I picked up a few things from a second hand store recently and revamped them for Halloween.... Here is the before~Here is the after~I wanted the book to look like a spell book--- so, I painted the cover black and dirtied up the pages for an old witchy kinda feel to it. I added a sheet of paper with a couple of funny spells printed on it to the center of the book.For the shoe, I spray painted it white and then rubbed some stain over it then distressed it with some paint and painted in some details and taaaaaa daaaaaa instant witch boot!
I had huge, HUGE plans to make a bunch of things for halloween. But... like a ninny I signed up to sell things at a craft boutique in November.... I have nothing to sell at this craft boutique! Needless to say, I've been feverishly making things..... The only way to make money at these events is to mass produce things and sell them cheaply......I'm going to set up a Christmas tree with little fairies all over it. Should be caute!

6 comments:

  1. Your book and boot look so good! What a great idea to totally recreate these! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your going to have alot of fun with those boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I came across your blog, great transformations. Amongst other things I make 'captured' fairies in jars, so have got some more inspiration from your fairy decorations,thanks Linda:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great makeovers! And I love your fairies. I love making things very similar, for the love of paper! Good luck at the craft show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative....the witch boots and the old book are so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so creative...thanks for posting and giving us inspiration..I've seen those books but never thought of reworking them like that..really cool...love your fairy ornaments too....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl