Pages


6/6/12

Hair clips

It has been awhile since I've sat down and poked around in my ever growing jewelry stash. Lately, I've just been buying pieces and tossing them in several large plastic bins. Its going to be like the best Christmas ever going through those bins once I get some free time! I recently got a request to decorate two hair clips with some bling, and to keep them both predominately silver. This one has a fun vintage feel with the addition of the pearls~Sweet little pink flowers really make this one a flirty fun piece to wear.Keeping in mind that these can't be very heavy so as not to pull your hair out, I glued on a double strip of fabric backed rhinestones to build upon to get the finished results.I like how they turned out, I hope the person I made them for likes them too.... if not, give them back. *wink*

4 comments:

  1. Very Pretty - you did good !! You will have fun digging thru your stash of bling. I spent some time the last couple of days going thru some things I acquired recently and picking out what I can use/repurpose.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl can never have enough bling to play with ;-)
    The hair clips turned out really lovely. The recipient is bound to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful idea! these are beautiful! someone is going to love them!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous upcycle pieces.
    My Magpie Eye loves the idea of buckets of jewels. I would have made a good pirates wife LOL of course I wouldn't have shared the booty.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl