Pages


6/28/13

Photo Restoration

I have been trying to figure out what I want to create next and I've hit a wall.... nothing sounds appealing to me. Maybe its the excessive heat we are suffering through currently.... who knows. To try to snap myself out of this creative funk---- I was determined to work on something--- anything... so I decided to try to fix an old-old photo of my grandfather that was badly damaged.
Here is the before:
Since these are family photos I've added watermarks to them *wink*
Here is the after. I had to create the left eye completely as the one in the original photo was for the most part non existent.
I must say, I did take some creative freedom with the photo--- I cleaned it up considerably. All in all, I am very happy with the outcome of this restoration. It took me a little over an hour to repair the photo. I am curious to get this printed and see what it looks like next to the original..... I have never restored a photo so heavily damaged before, I think I've found another hobby. *wink*
big hugs,

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Was that Photoshop? I had tried it before, but got so frustrated trying to understand it, I gave up. Very beautifully done.
    I know, this heat is killer. Actually, I can stand the heat, it's the mugginess that gets to me.
    I blast the AC, draw the shades, and have been creating Halloween fun! By the time Halloween gets here, I'll be thinking Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain, great restoration. Fabulous. For me IT is very difficult. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl