Pages


2/3/15

School Valentines

Ahhhhhh Valentines day.... little hands stuffing Valentines into their classmates Valentine boxes or bags... good times- good times. I am lucky that my daughter indulges me by letting me make things for my two grand kids to take to school for their school parties. I came across a cute idea on a blog called "Back to Organic" ...she made a printable sleeve for rulers and had her kids give those out as Valentines. Caute! I just HAD to make some for my two little love bugs to pass out to their classmates. I pre-assembled the Valentines for my grand kids a head of time... I'll send the rulers home along with heart stickers and rhinestones so they can decorate them and have them ready for next weeks big festivities~
The only thing I did different than the original idea was to add some duct tape to the area where the rulers slid through--- I felt this would add more stability in keeping the paper on the ruler for a longer period of time. Once the paper sleeve was added to each ruler, I added a little piece of tape to keep the sleeve centered. Lastly, I added a printed address label to the ruler itself with "Happy Valentines Day" and who it was from. I ended up making a total of sixty~

A few years ago, I found a super cute crochet pattern online for a teeny-tiny heart. These little crochet hearts measure in at one inch by one and one fourth inch, tiny! They whip up super fast.... in this bowl is 100 teeny-tiny hearts. I bought some glittered-colored bobby pins and hot glued a small piece of red felt to attach the bobby pins so that these crocheted hearts can be worn in your hair. I have no plans for these heart hair clips yet... but if I ever need them, boy am I ready!
I don't remember where I found the pattern for the teeny-tiny hearts... but here is the pattern if your wanting to make some for yourself:
G Hook, Worsted weight yarn
Magic ring ch 2
In the magic ring crochet: 2 dc, 2 hdc, 1 dc, 2 hdc, 2 dc, ch 2, sl st into ring and then pull it tight and your teeny-tiny heart will appear.
Now I am on the search to find something to make for Saint Patrick's Day!
big hugs,
 

6 comments:

  1. Love those ideas! You'll have to show us what your grandkids did to decorate the rulers. I bet they'll be adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you have some wonderful ideas and your grandkids are lucky! I'll have to remember the ruler idea as a party favor for art day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute idea for valentines and your little hearts are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun valentine gifts for the school kids!Darling little hearts.
    warmly,
    deb

    Are you thinking Easter?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what cute ideas thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy oh boy, you are the best grandma ever! 60 rulers. And all those hearts. Fantastic! Happy Friday, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl